@ChesterElton on leading with Gratitude Work 2.0 Podcast #FutureofWork #Work2dot0 #Podcast
In this podcast Chester Elton from “The Culture Works” talked about his upcoming book: Leading with Gratitude. He shared why gratitude is central to the current leadership environment. He shared how, in the work2.0 environment, soft skills play an essential role in building an influential culture. This podcast is excellent for anyone seeking to learn about a fundamental trait for being a great leader.
The book website: https://leadingwithgratitude.info/pre-order-lwg
The training site: https://www.thecultureworks.com/
Success Magazine: https://www.success.com/6-books-to-help-you-live-your-best-life/
Chester’s Book Recommendation:
How Will You Measure Your Life? by Clayton M. Christensen https://amzn.to/2HlcNch
Elevate: Push Beyond Your Limits and Unlock Success in Yourself and Others (Ignite Reads) by Robert Glazer https://amzn.to/2HekMbd
The Advice Trap: Be Humble, Stay Curious & Change the Way You Lead Forever by Michael Bungay Stanier https://amzn.to/3bqZjdb
Adrian Gostick and Chester Elton BIO:
Adrian Gostick and Chester Elton have spent more than two decades helping clients engage their employees on strategy, vision, and values. In their provocative, inspiring, and always entertaining talks, they provide real solutions for leaders looking to manage change, drive innovation, and lead multi-generational workforces. Their work is supported by research with more than 850,000 working adults across the globe, revealing the proven secrets behind high-performance cultures and teams.
They are founders of The Culture Works, a global training company and authors of multiple award-winning, #1 Wall Street Journal and New York Times, bestsellers, All In, The Carrot Principle and The Best Team Wins. Their books have been translated into 30 languages and have sold more than 1.5 million copies. They have been called “fascinating” by Fortune and “creative and refreshing” by The New York Times. Gostick & Elton have appeared on NBC’s Today Show, CBS 60 Minutes, and are often quoted in Fast Company, Newsweek, and Wall Street Journal.
Gostick & Elton are members of Marshall Goldsmith’s #MG100 Global Coaches, 2019 Global Gurus in Leadership and Organizational Culture. Elton is a member of Fast Company Impact Council and serves as a board member for Camp Corral, a non-profit for the children of wounded and fallen military heroes.
Some Questions we talked about:
- Explain your journey to your current role?
- Could you share something about your current position?
- What does “The Culture Works” do?
- How is culture changing, and what are some of the key takeaways?
- What is the definition of an excellent future-proof employee/team/company?
- What are some of the ingredients for building a thriving culture in your organization?
- What is the underground premise behind “Leading with gratitude”?
- Why is gratitude important in successful leadership?
- Leaders make tough choices; how does recognition translate in tough circumstances?
- Who is the ideal reader of the book?
- What are some things people get it wrong about appreciation?
- Why write this book?
- What are three immediate things I could do to get myself on the road to leading with gratitude?
- When do we know we are on the wrong track?
- What were some of the big aha moments you encountered while working on this book?
- What are some of the examples of some leaders leading with gratitude?
- What are some companies that you see as role models when it comes to driving with appreciation?
- Who should I hire first if I need to build a robust and high impact organization?
- What are some of the takeaways you would expect the readers to walk away with?
- What are 1-3 best practices that you think is the key to success in your journey?
- Do you have any favorite read?
- As a closing remark, what would you like to tell our audience?
Work 2.0 Podcast is created to spark the conversation around the future of work, worker, and workplace. The world’s leading practitioners, influencers, authors, academicians, entrepreneurs, and leaders are stepping up to add their thoughts to the conversation. The podcast is created to help professionals navigate their career journeys through transformative times. This podcast invite movers and shakers in the industry who are shaping or helping us understand the transformation in work.
If you or any you know wants to join in,
Register your interest by emailing: email@example.com
Want to sponsor?
Email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest in the #FutureOfWork