In addition to the trainings we offer each quarter for student employees and their supervisors, we can also come present on the professional development topic of your choice in your staff meeting or other gathering! If you’d like to request a training for student employees on your team, contact us at email@example.com.
Topics might include:
- How to Get a Student Job: In this training, students will learn how to identify and apply to student employment positions relevant to their needs and their professional goals.
- Working Remotely & Time Management: In this training, students will identify common challenges in remote work and learn strategies for managing their time while maintaining professional community.
- Supervising Up: In this training, students will identify their own workstyle, communication style, and conflict style and how these align with their supervisors.
- Professionalism & Authenticity: In this training, students will learn how to identify professionalism norms in their workplace and develop strategies for navigating their personal and professional identities.
- Managing Stress as a Student Employee: In this training, students will learn about the common causes and symptoms of stress for student employees, and identify strategies for managing and communicating about their stress and mental health.
- Participating in Feedback and Performance Reviews: In this training, students will learn how to prepare for feedback and performance reviews, how to receive both positive and negative feedback, and how to implement this feedback moving forward.
- Articulating the Value of Your Student Employment Experience: In this training, students will identify transferable career skills they use in their student employment and learn how to communicate the value of these skills to future employers through resumes, cover letters, and interviews.
- Telling Your Career Story: In this training, students will learn about storytelling as a career skill and how to situate themselves within a career narrative leading to their professional goals.
- Taking Your Career Next Step: In this training, students will advance their skills in resume and cover letter writing, interviewing, and/or networking.
Got other ideas for a training? Let us know!