LRS is the industry leader in providing innovative and environmentally responsibly waste and recycling solutions. Our team delivers exceptional service and value through relentless commitment to customer satisfaction and preservation of the environment. Through our safe and innovative approach to waste diversion, LRS thrives on the passion and innovation of our employees to preserve and sustain the beauty of the towns, neighborhoods and communities that we serve.
We are excited to hire candidates that align with our Vision and Values: To become the safest, most innovative waste recycler in the world by redefining the way the world views waste.
Live Safety ? Serve With Passion? Innovate Relentlessly ? Engage With Integrity
Build Community ? Be Accountable
- Great Pay ( Based on experience)
- Be home every night and weekend
- Industry-leading benefit package - Eligible 1st of the month after 30 days
- 401(K) company match
- Paid Vacation accrues day 1
- Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
- An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
The Roll-Off driver is responsible for servicing customer accounts dispatched to him/her throughout the day. The driver will collect and haul waste or recycling materials to a disposal site or recycling plant as directed by dispatch.
- Provide, replace and remove roll-off containers and compactors for customers and dump materials at a disposal site or recycling center.
- Complete work assignments in a safe and efficient manner to avoid damage and accidents whenever possible.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Lakeshore Waste Services safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report)
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service-related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by LRS or directed by the Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, streets, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager
- Maintain and update driver log sheets throughout the day.
- Communicate professionally with customers.
- Keep commercial vehicle clean and free of trash/debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid Class B CDL
- Must have a valid DOT medical card or obtain prior to hire.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Works under moderate supervision
- Requires Pushing and pulling up to 110 pounds.
- Frequent walking and standing up to 8 hours / day.
- Physical able to enter/climb and leave truck cab frequently.
- Manual dexterity required to operate controls on truck.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
LRS is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request